Welcome to the Conference "Silicon 2012"!
The IX International Conference and the VIII School for Young Scientists "Silicon 2012" is held in July 9-13, 2012 in St. Petersburg Academic University — Nanotechnology Research and Education Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences (the Academic University), St. Petersburg, Russia.
The scope of the Conference covers basic and applied researches on physics, materials science, technology and diagnostics of silicon and silicon-based nanostructures and devices. Such forums have been a regular event in major industrial and scientific centers of Russia since 2007.
The official language of the Conference is Russian.
The Conference Proceedings will be published in journal “Semiconductors”.
St. Petersburg Academic University — Nanotechnology Research and Education Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences (the Academic University) was founded in 1997 as Research and Education Centre of the Ioffe Institute in order to integrate science and education in the field of physics and information technologies.
St Petersburg is often called “Russia's Northern Capital”. Founded by Peter the Great in 1703, it was built by mainly European architects on a grand scale, with palaces and boulevards designed to be viewed from afar. The city is situated on nearly fifty islands in the Neva River, with more than 350 bridges. It is surrounded with a necklace of beautiful suburbs that used to be Royal residences. There are over 80 museums in St. Petersburg. The Gem among them is the Hermitage, one of largest museums in the world with its art collection of 3 million items
There are flights to St. Petersburg from more than 30 cities of 25 countries worldwide and a lot of direct trains from different countries.
If you are interested in such a meeting you are kindly invited to participate in the Conference. We kindly ask you to forward the information about “Silicon 2012” to your colleagues and students who might be interested in participating.
The Conference will cover the following areas:
- Defects and impurities in Si, SiGe and Ge crystals and films. Modification of material properties due to heat treatment, irradiation and other impacts.
- Si-based nano-dimensional structures: technology and properties of quantum-dimensional structures as well as buried and strained layers. Their application for solid-state electronics.
- Si, SiGe and Ge crystals and films: technology and properties of polycrystalline, multicrystalline, single crystal, amorphous and porous materials.
- Si-based device structures for micro-, opto-, and power electronics, photovoltaics, micromechanics and other applications.
- The other solid-state structures on Si substrates for nano- and optoelectronics, spintronics and photonics.
- Characterization of Si and Si-based device structures.
|February 24||Deadline for Registration on conference website and Abstract Submission|
|April 13||Notification of Acceptance of Contributed Papers|
|July 9||School for Young Scientists|
|July 10-13||The Conference|
The abstract must be based on the template and saved as a MS Word document file (*.doc) produced by a program similar to MS Word or Open Office.
Abstracts are accepted in Russian and English.
Please submit your abstract to the conference secretary using her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the deadline for submission is February 24, 2012.
The abstract book will be printed before the beginning of the Conference and distributed among the participants paid an organizing fee.
PDF 190 Kb
PDF 317 Kb